Here at Lighted Luxury we use wooden wicks for most of our candle products.
Why Wooden Wicks?
- Our wooden wicks are 100% natural and manufactured in the USA, our Wooden Wicks are a sustainable and eco-friendly.
- Wooden Wicks diffuse heat more rapidly into the wax, and can push up to 35% more fragrance throw into a room, compared to cotton wicks.
- Wooden wicks don’t “mushroom” or “bloom”. They don’t create an ugly black ball on the top of the wick that lingers and smokes after burning for a while. Wooden wicks burn much cleaner, and while they don’t get the carbon build-up that needs to be trimmed off of cotton wicks, they will develop a slight amount of ash at the tip of the wick. The ash can be easily broken off when cool before relighting or cut using a wick trimmer. Sometimes, if there is too much ash build-up, you will notice the flame getting smaller, but once you remove it, the flame comes right back to life. Just be careful not to leave any debris in your candle.
- Wooden wicks crackle! The level of crackle in our wicks will vary depending on the fragrance load and other additives.
- The crackle you hear comes from any of the chemical compounds present in our candle blend reaching their respective flash points. These may include moisture present in the wick, wax, fragrance and any other additives in the blend.